Tuesday 28 April 2009

identity crisis

Today was the big day for me and my life here in the UK! I am now a citizen!!! Considering I had already been living here for about 7 years, I didn't have any more hoops to jump through in terms of years to wait to fulfill the requirement for citizenship.
I did however need to take a "Knowledge of the UK" test. Passed with flying colours, so all that was needed to proceed was a gross sum of money and this ceremony.
To be accepted as a citizen in another country is quite nice: a sense of relief that any past shenanegans in my life didn't raise any red flags, a excitement over getting to come and go from England any time I want for as long as I want, and the excitement of knowing I can live anywhere in Europe without any paperwork!!
Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment